Thursday, April 10, 2014

And it begins...

Okay, I finally got to work on my RGT's Project. I started by reading the instructions and then trying to find a way to deviate from the plans (shortcut). An hour into it, I realized that this assembly process is for a reason and I should follow the instructions. Here is the beginning process:



Pre-building and taping off areas that will be glued for painting...


Painting and sanding...

And then back to playing around with the exterior. I have rearranged these components and changed the windows and doors several times. It's a shame that I will probably not use any of these in the construction process. I really wanted to brick this Brownstone but it seems that everyone is using brick and I want to be different...so I will try using clapboard siding ( for now anyway). Some of the other bloggers I am following are so far along on this project. To be fair these bloggers are some really amazing Miniaturists. I can only aspire to become that awesome someday. Here are some of my ideas (just some).


 I almost feel like I need to scale it down a bit and not over do it. However, I will “Make it work ” (in my best Tim Gunn voice)!


No comments:

Post a Comment